Friday, February 22, 2013

Review: Hidden by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast



Hidden by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
 
Series: House of Night (#10)
Release Date: October 16, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Format: Hardcover, 320
Source: Borrowed from a friend
Genres: YA, Fantasy
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Overview:
 
   Neferet’s true nature has been revealed to the Vampyre High Council, so Zoey and the gang might finally get some help in defending themselves and their beloved school against a gathering evil that grows stronger every day. And they’ll need it, because Neferet’s not going down without a fight. Chaos reigns at the House of Night.
 
 
My Thoughts:
 
   I had really high hopes for this book. I've read the entire House of Night series, and waited so eagerly for this one.  The series has always been one of my top favorite YA series, but this book moves it down my list a little.
  In my opinion, this book is nothing more than a filler book, something that's really not necessary.  I've almost given up trying to make sense of all the different POVs, because really, who needs to know what almost every character is thinking about the same thing.  I didn't feel like this book moved forward at all. 
   I love that Kalona is trying to move on and become redeemed in Nyx's eyes.  I love that the characters are evolving.  I did not, however, like how Zoey freaked out every time she got around Aurox.  She's been in the vampyre world for how long and still thinks it's impossible for Aurox to be who he really is as well?
  I simply didn't resonate with this book like I have some of the others.  Of course, I know not every book is a gem, but like I said, I had high hopes for it that just didn't pan out.  Not saying I'm not going to read the next one, but I sure wish I could forget this one.


My rating: 3 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment